Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter M&M's

So here's my totally non-unique pastel "skittles", but I call it an M&M's because I like them better! I think like half the nail board did something similar, so even though I'm not an original, I totally loved it. I also went shopping while wearing this and got so many compliments!

These are all from Up & Away, from thumb to pinky: Peachy Keen, Lemon Fizz, Something Sweet, Re-Freshmint, and Light as Air. Lemon Fizz is a complete PITA to apply. It's probably the worst polish I've ever worked with. There were so many bubbles, and even though I got them smoothed out, on my right hand I have a spot where a bubble burst so there's a huge pit mark! I've never seen that happen before! Despite that, I still like the color, but I don't think I'll get to doing a full mani with it anytime soon. Something Sweet was the best of the 5, it applied nicely for a pastel, and I'll probably wear this one a lot because it's so sweet and girly.


My birthday is a week from Wednesday and I ordered a few polishes today so they would be here in time. From RBL I got 360, Diddy Mow and Coral, which I'm SUPER excited about, and then I ordered about 8 polishes from a few other places, 5 of which are some shade of coral since that's what I'm totally in to right now! I'm still on the hunt for more awesome shades, so what are your fav corals?

4 comments:

Cyan said...

Happy Early Birthday! Even if the pastel colors aren't original for Easter, the colors you chose make the perfect Easter/Spring Skittles mani. Love the look!

Susie said...

Love it. I did a mani similar and wanted a nice blue but ended up not having what I wanted. I used a blue from Pure Ice but it ended up looking silver to me. :)
Yours is perfect.
Susie

Unknown said...

oh we have the same mms easter color in france :)nice mani !!!

Unknown said...

I had the same colors, different order! Nice swatch!

Post a Comment