Friday, February 19, 2010

China Glaze High Hopes

There's some quality about the coral family that's so elusive to me. I can see pictures and pictures of coral NOTD's and I always think, "hm, that's pretty," and move to the next picture. But when I actually get a coral on my nails, I immediately want another 10 shades in the same family. I don't know what it is! I've had High Hopes on my desk with the rest of the Up & Away family, but what I REALLY wanted to wear today was Jade is the New Black. But I'm saving my greens for March and St. Patty's day. So I grabbed High Hopes instead. It is the most delicious shade of papaya ever! It's vivid and striking but not in-your-face like a neon. I put this on and it just feels like one of those "drinkable" colors. I immediately wanted a tropical cocktail or a smoothie. This is with 2 coats. I had to thin this one out a bit, the first nail I did got bubbles from being too thick, but after that it applied well. I couldn't get a completely accurate picture, this was the closest, but it's a little more pink in person.

I only have one other coral, Sally Hansen Nasturtium, and it's more orange based than this one. What are some other awesome colors in the coral family I could pick up?

Don't forget to enter my Who Loves Purple? giveaway!

4 comments:

Paige said...

That is a beautiful color!

laquermanic said...

Love others loving corals; I have many of them. Not every one fits my skin tone, but what the heck! The're so gorgeous! Brilliant swatch. :)

autoxchica said...

I'm very cool toned, so dealing with anything orangey is tough for me and a lot of corals lean that way. I love Essie Funships and ChG Tarnished and Varnished. But I really want to try High Hopes now!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

cover girl has one called rose coral...

Post a Comment