Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Pancake Day/Mardi Gras!

I'm not terribly religious now, but was raised Lutheran and we celebrate Mardi Gras with Pancake Day. And it is the best non-Christmas-non-Easter holiday EVER. I LOVE PANCAKES! For dinner I'll be making about 60 pancakes topped with chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanut butter, buttery syrup, marshmallows, cream cheese, bacon, almonds, pecans, jam, bananas, blueberries, strawberries... and I might share. Depends on who's nice to me. It's good to be the master of the griddle :D

Back when RBL had their big sale, I had 0 interest in glitters. Now I can't get enough of 'em. And I really regret not getting Locavore, but I'm too cheap to spring the $26 it would cost to buy and ship it. But for just $4 I made a knock off! I started with 1 coat Pure Ice Strapless, then did 1 coat Sinful Frenzy and topped it off with 2 coats of Sinful Call You Later to get all the gold-y goodness. I remember seeing a Pure Ice color that was similar to Frenzy but had darker purple, and I think that probably would have worked better, so I'll probably try that next time. Otherwise I really like my knock-off, and it might not have the prestige of RBL but it gets the job done.





Also don't forget about my giveaway! I'm really hoping to get to 137 followers so I can giveaway 3 awesome polishes!

6 comments:

peripatetic33 said...

wow that turned out great, did you get everything you ordered from RBL during the sale, I am still waiting on back ordered dead calm

yardsticks 4 lunatics said...

I am Lutheran, too.....Happy Pancake Day! What are you giving up for Lent? *sighs*
I am going on no-buy......I have to! LOL!

This is so cool!

Paige said...

Great manicure!

Anonymous said...

I'm Catholic, I celebrate full Mardi Gras, being from the South, as I am. I have Locavore on my tips right now, and I literally cannot tell the difference between my nails and yours, so KICK ASS job on the Franken!

Get Nailed said...

Peripatetic - I only ordered 4 bottles during the sale and got them all within a few days. I was one of the first to order though, I believe it was like 13 seconds into the sale lol.

Yardsticks - I'm not very religious so I only commit to the fun stuff LOL. I'm going to enjoy Pancake Day but I'm not going to give up anything.

Scandalous - Thanks so much, that makes me feel like I didn't miss out so much. If I get the chance I'm still gonna get the real deal.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

wow - this is a great dupe! I think alot of people will be irritated that they didn't figure this out!

Post a Comment