Saturday, February 27, 2010

OPI Hot & Spicy Kung Pao Chicken

When OPI's Hong Kong collection came out I decided to just get 3 of them to start with. Jade and Suzi were a given, but I debated between Dim Sum Plum and Hot & Spicy for hours, days even! Though I new DSP would look good with my cool-toned skin, in the end Hot & Spicy won out for being a bit more original and for the forecast of coral being very in for Spring. And while I like the shrimpy-orangey-coraly color, I really struggled with the application on this. It was streaky and I got some cuticle drag, but with 3 carefully applied coats it became even. If you were on the fence with this one, I'd recommend searching for a different coral, especially since this color looks really bad with warm toned people (my mom swatched it and HATED it).



While my quest for coral will continue, I'll put it aside for tonight to show you the real reason why I tried this polish today. I'm in charge of stir fry night and picked up this seasoning packet at the store. I lol'ed when I put it in the cart. Only you guys would understand why :D

4 comments:

nihrida said...

I bet this looks great with your hair. =) And it suits your skin tone...it's made for you!

Paige said...

That color is gorgeous on you!

laquermanic said...

I love this, and I really think it fits your skin tone very well. In other words: I'm with Nihrida on this. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm warm skinned and I really loved the way this looked on me. I'm more olive toned though, so maybe that's why :)

Post a Comment