Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My New #1

I know there was quite the debate going on about OPI My Private Jet. I heard that OPI did away with the original formula, a holo, and did just a sparkly thing. I've never really been that in to holos, but in the last month I felt like I just needed to have one, so I went all out. I tracked down a holo version on stupid Ebay, where the seller, after realizing she had a HTF polish, upped the price by a lot. But it was the only way to be sure I'd get the holo. I've heard a few people recently ordered MPJ from Trans Design and got lucky by getting a good bottle, but I didn't chance it. Well, it was totally worth it. And I am in LOVE with holos. I'm already plotting getting the entire China Glaze OMG collection, plus some Kaleidoscope's and some OPI DS's.

Application was flawless! I did 2 coats of WnW Black first, so I only needed 1 coat of MPJ, no need to waste the pretty! I think I'll be wearing this until it chips so terribly that I can't stand it anymore.



8 comments:

PerryPie said...

That looks amazing over black. It looks much better than the usual 4 coats that you'd have to do alone. Much more blingtacular.

The Austrian said...

If you like holos - get Color Club Fashion Addict! It's my favorite holo. In some lights it looks just neutral - maybe even mannequin hands and in other lights it is this insane holo. I also personally prefer the ChG OMG collection to the Kaleidoscope collection - the Kaleidoscopes have bigger, flakier holo, the OMGs have finer holo. But I just had to have "Visit me in Prism" for the name.

Polish Hoarder said...

I love this! I need to just buy myself the good version from ebay, too! I have the "newer" version, which is quite disappointing. It looks like You Don't Know Jacques with some lame glitter. It's not a holo at all!

Paige said...

Ooo, that looks gorgeous!

laquermanic said...

I know; it's so utterly wonderful! But the ebay seller upped the price??? That's just outrageous. But as long as it's worth it, and I understand it is ... :)

jaljen said...

Get Diamond Cosmetics Chainmail Charm. I SWEAR to you that it is as good as the OPI. And available. And cheaper.
I don't have a lot of luck with holos. If you don't leave long periods between each coat for drying you get horrible drag and bald spots and *shudders*...
Chainmail goes on easily and cleanly.
PS I don't have any connection with Diamond.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the holo club. Nfu oh has some really amazing holos btw

Unknown said...

love this holo !!!

Post a Comment